Remember, all my recipes are adjustable. Cook to your taste and substitute if necessary. I cook from all over the world and the United States... so I hope you enjoy the culinary journey with me...
To contact me... email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. When I think of home, I think of a tropical island called Sri Lanka.
3. I am crazy about spicy food!
4. I enjoy scrapbooking and taking photos.
5. I am currently using a point and shoot Kodak Easyshare z712 for all my photos. I don't "edit" the photos so what you see in the food pictures on my blog is what came off my stove or out of my oven. But I am keeping my fingers crossed that a Digital SLR is in my future. : ) **Update** As of Sept 1. 2012: I finally took the plunge and bought a Canon Rebel T3i. Now I am in the process of learning to use it. I need to still invest in a good macro lens and some help with lighting. I still use my Kodak for my step by step photos because those can be messy and I would not dare to get my beautiful new camera messy. :)
6. I collect cookbooks. At last count I have almost 400...My husband always wonders when the madness will end! But I love to read recipes. Researching recipes is fun and inspiring to me.
7. I am not a fan of cilantro. I eat so many leafy greens... but cilantro is my kryptonite. So you will never see the stuff in my recipes. If you enjoy it, please add it to your dishes, I would never hold anyone back. : )
8. I am a morning person. I love to be up before the sun sometimes and feel like I have accomplished so much before the family gets up.
9. I love the Spring and Fall Seasons... but could literally hibernate during winter! Winter only inspires me to cuddle up, keep warm and make lots of soups.
10. I am usually the kind of cook that eye-balls my ingredients and don't measure things. That's why baking can be a big challenge for me. It's been a challenge to pull out my measuring cups and spoons to write these recipes. Of course any recipe can be adjusted to your individual tastes.
11. I love easy fake-out recipes and quick recipe tricks. I love to get help from the store by using cake mixes and prepared ingredients, but still get a great final result that has my special take on it.