The Foodbuzz 24x24 Food Event showcases 24 food blogger parties during a 24-hour period. I was thrilled to be featured this month!
To hear the theme song from Gilligan's Island Click here.
A tale of a castaway themed party.
We’ll eat a tropical food buffet,
You're sure to get a smile,
From a party full of “pretend” castaways,
Our party included not only my cheesy theme song, a wonderful island style menu, but re-runs of the show to watch and Gilligan's Island Trivia . Everyone also had to answer the following question: What would you bring as your luxury item if you were stuck on a desert island? Feel free to participate in the Trivia questions shown below. Also leave your luxury item answer in the comments. My guests had fun with this question and we had answers like: Ipods, coloring books with crayons, Kindles with 1000 books downloaded, crate of wine, a lot of matches, Tom Hanks to do his Castaway thing or at least some winners from Survivor, a fully stocked RV and the best one is a helicopter to get the heck off the island. :)
Sherwood Schwartz’s Spicy Pineapple Salsa
Ginger's Spicy Plantain Mofongo
Mr Howell's Tropical Fruit Salad
2. What was "The Skipper's" first and last name on the show?
3. What was "The professor's" first and last name on the show?
5. True or False? The original theme song listed all the castaways.
6. What state was Mary Ann from on the mainland?
7. True or False? Raquel Welch auditioned for the part of Mary Ann.
8. What was "The Professors" real job on the mainland?
9. What is the name of the big game hunter who tried to hunt Gilligan?
10. Who made sure the theme song of the show got changed so Mary Ann and "The Professor" were added?
11. True or False? Kurt Russell guest starred on the show.
12. True or False? The show originally taped in black and white and then later in color.
13. Who was more popular, Mary Ann or Ginger by audiences?
14. Who was the only castaway actor to earn residuals (and made millions) once the show became syndicated?
15. Which actress won the Miss Nevada Beauty Pageant?
16. Who is the only castaway that had his own hut on the show?
17. Who wrote the theme song of the show?
18. What did the castaways use as cups?
19. What was "Loveys" (Mrs. Howell) real name on the show?
Now scroll down for the answers and remember to answer what your luxury item would if you were on a desert island in the comments?
Answers to the Trivia:
2. What was "The Skipper's" real name on the show? Jonas Grumby
3. What was "The professor's" real name on the show? Roy Hinkley
Hope you had a great time at our Gilligan's Island Theme Party. :)