I love Thai food. I remember when I first started working and had some extra money to splurge on myself going out to eat was always fun. My friends and I would go to the same Thai Restaurant called Siam. We must have eaten their at least once a week. I never thought I could make this kind of food at home, but now I hardly go out to restaurants so making my own take out is a must. This Thai Basil Beef Stir Fry is as close to the Thai Basil dishes I would get every time I went out. Now that I have kids and am a stay at home mother, the days of splurging out at restaurants is left mostly for special occasions. I am proud that I was able to feed my whole family for about the price of one dish plus the tip (gratuity) I would have spent for a meal out. Hmmm... now all the money I'm saving allows me to to splurge on other things for my family.
- 2lbs beef (lean) sliced into strips
- salt and black pepper to season beef
- 1 cups sliced bell pepper or sweet pepper
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 bell pepper or several sweet peppers thinly sliced
- 2 large handfuls of Thai Basil (this is a must for the dish to get it's authentic flavor)
- 2 heaping Tbs of fresh mint finely sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch of spring onions chopped
- 4-5 Thai bird chilies for extra heat or jalapenos)
- red chili flakes and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1Tbs of Soy Sauce
- 2Tbs of brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup of water
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.